Be Part of the Family
You share the same values as ASTA? You would like to find stable employment in a major commercial sector? Just like ASTA, you wish to feed families around the world?
Here are our job opportunities:
Aliments Asta Inc. is a renowned company in the pork processing industry in Québec. Since 1982, we operate a factory in Saint-Alexandre-de-Kamouraska (Rivière-du-Loup). Today, Aliments Asta Inc. employs over 500 people and exports to around 40 countries around the world. We are currently looking for a MSIP Coordinator:
The MSIP Coordinator will among other tasks, have the following responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the Quality Service Director, to develop and implement the program as well as to keep it up to date according to established standards.
- Set up all the tools, calendars, reports, training plans, audits and correlations necessary for the program.
- Manage, train and provide support to the Quality controllers assigned to the inspection.
- Ensure a significant presence in the plan for the proper functioning of the program.
- Follow up on inspection points.
- Identify pathologies and explain them when required.
- Work closely with veterinarians and inspectors from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- Perform internal audits.
- Participate in the various tasks of the Quality Service Department.
- Participate in various quality control and staff training.
- Make various replacements for vacations and other leaves within the department.
- To hold a college diploma in Process Technology and Food Quality, in animal health, in dietetics or other combination of relevant experience and training.
- Training will be given internally and externally.
- To have 2 to 5 years of experience in the field of food processing (an asset).
- To have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Possess qualities in writing texts (excellent written French and functional English).
- Knowledge of HACCP standards, SQF certification and animal welfare (NAMI) an asset.
- Knowledge of the Paperless document management program, an asset.
- Demonstrate a highly developed sense of planning and organization.
- To have good analytical skills.
- To be able to communicate well in both orally and in writing.
- To be autonomous and of a calm nature.
Salaries et conditions
- To discuss
- Full time job
- Beginning of employment : as soon as possible
(Internal training supplied by the Director of Quality Service and external training)
Perform a variety of production tasks associated with slaughtering and/or pork processing. For example: slaughter and evisceration, preparation of carcasses, cutting, meat cut preparation, packaging, weighing, box handling.
- Good manual skills
- Availability and punctuality
- Enjoyment of working in a team
No training or experience required.
A competent colleague gives all task training.
- Full-time fixed schedule
- From Monday to Friday, daytime
- Progressive salary scale
- Group insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employer-sponsored RRSP
- Work equipment provided by the employer
- Advancement opportunities
- Continuous training programs
Our employees can also take advantage of ridesharing with colleagues, of a close-by affiliated day care and in-house cafeteria services.